2019 – That was the year that was! The richest series in the UK & Ireland only gets more popular with higher prize money and prizes with overall payout of £60,000 plus prizes (€70,800 plus prizes).
So what does 2020 hold for everyone? …
- New stallions nominated giving more to choose from for your mare to be covered by natural means or AI from transported semen to a vet near you. This service becoming popular and being offered by most of the stallions nominated for the Breeders Crown.
- 2 Year Olds will be racing less this year as some are not even 24 months old until June or July. Although they are willing and able, they need time to mature in to a full race career so cannot be treated like seasoned race horses. Their well-being and future is at risk in racing too soon and too often.
- We will be staging straight finals this year for 2YO on our new date, which is a little bit later than usual (see below) .
- The emphasis will be on 3YO. Instead of having a Silver for 2YO we are looking at having a Silver Final(s) for 3YO depending on entries etc.
- We hope to continue to get the large number of horses sustained for 4YO this year as last year when we had 2 heats for the 4YO Mares division for the first time ever with a record total purse for them being £7,200 and the Colts & Geldings £4,100 (final only) in 2019.
We have a new date this year of 29th August at Tir Prince Raceway which falls on a Bank Holiday weekend which hopefully will attract a great crowd. Look forward to seeing everyone and having a great racing season.